Sunday, September 20, 2009

I hope they call me on a mission . . .


Well, I've decided to start my mission papers. I'm now back at my home ward and waiting for my bishop to receive whatever he needs to in order for me to start this big step in my life.
I've been thinking about a mission off and on for almost a year now. I never thought that I would go on a mission. I always thought I'd get married, be a stay at home mom, and live happily ever after. I guess God has other plans for me.
I'm taking a Mission Prep class with the Orem Institute and we've talked about some very spiritually uplifting things that have been able to reassure me that a mission is a right choice. Sometimes when I think about serving a mission I get really nervous. I'm really going to have to step outside of my comfort zone, but I know I have to "trust in the Lord with all [my] heart."
I'm so grateful for all the support that I have received, for family, friends, and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

Carissa May said...

yay! :)

elesa said...

I felt the same way. I was sure I would get married and not have to go. And even once I decided to go I was crazy nervous. But once I got out there I had no doubt that I was exactly where I needed to be. I am very excited for you! I'm sure you'll get sick of hearing that from people, but I really am!

shannan said...

Congratulations! This is an exciting time!!!!!

Becca Jane said...

mandy! you're such an example to me! you will be a great missionary!!! and we both know the benefit of serving a mission.... whahahaa i hope you catch my drift. i hope you get called to the philipines! ;) hahahaha