Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Bad Hair Years

I have been known to color my hair frequently and even let my roommates cut it in the kitchen. I know my old roommate Megan would NEVER stand for that. She gets her hair cut at a high end salon and pays like 60 + bucks!
I've never been one to do my hair or be picky about what hair cut I got. Growing up, my mom was lucky to even enough to brush it! Here are a few examples.
I think this is the time I cut my own hair, or Jared cut it for me . . .

(business in the front, party in the back)


This little freak accident happened when I was in kindergarten. My mom was cutting my hair and I think I moved. She had to keep cutting it to make it even and it got shorter and shorter.
I cried and cried and cried. "MOM! I LOOK LIKE A BOY! NO ONE WILL KNOW I'M A GIRL!"So, she told me that I could get my ears pierced so that people would know I was a girl. (but this was the 90's and a lot of boys had pierced ears. It's a good thing I didn't know that at the time.)

2 comments:

elesa said...

That last one makes me laugh and laugh. I have a mission companion who had her hair in a mullet when she was around 10. She wanted it to be cut just like her brothers.

Carissa May said...

wait...you're a girl???