Saturday, January 16, 2010

If I could go anywhere . . .

Today I would like to go to Italy!
Why? First of all because my dad went to Italy on his mission. Second is because pizza is my favorite pizza! (HA HA HA HA HA! I meant to say pizza is my favorite food.) Did you know that Pizza was first made in Naples? AND! I just found out that Ice Cream is an Italian creation as well! What other excuse do I need?!?!?

Wouldn't it be great to eat some real Italian pasta while overlooking a vineyard in Tuscany, or to eat ice cream on one of their many beautiful Mediterranean beaches? Or to see all of the great architecture, history, and culture of a different country?

And doesn't it just look beautiful?











Whenever I think of Italy I always think of little old ladies, like this one, in the kitchen cooking up a storm for her family and friends. I imagine them giving each family member a big fat kiss on the cheek. Someday I want to be fed meatballs by a little Italian grandma. (well, I'll feed myself, but I'll eat the meatballs she cooks.)
Doesn't it seem like Italians are a very hospitable people? In all the movies I watch they always seem to welcome people into their home and they always seem to be having some sort of party. Maybe I watch to many movies. My dad says that they love to feed people and, I guess to me that means you're hospitable.

4 comments:

Becca Jane said...

i'll come with you! we can meet old ladies together!

Carissa May said...

MANDY! YOU MADE ME HOMESICK FOR ITALY AND i HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE! i'M COMING WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elesa said...

It does look beautiful. I really, really wanted to go to another country and learn another language. Tough luck for me!

Susanne Hagberg said...

The invitation is still open to any and all of you to travel with us in England and Sweden. (pay your own airfare only and learn to drive on the left side to be our chauffeur in England) In Sweden the young and the old are welcoming and want to give you "tea". We stopped to ask directions to an ancestral farm and they welcomed us in and entertained us with stories (It so happened we were there!) and served us "tea" and because we didn't drink tea they served us "blossom punch" made from native flowere and fizz. We were invited to wonderful meals in 5/6 cousins homes and they loved us just because we were cousins.