Sunday, January 24, 2010

aoven'anonein'knab'rea'dkln;alcnj o9e'aklnbfj

I gave a talk at church today about missionary work with the full time missionaries. It's so weird to think that I used to look at missionaries and swoon because they seemed so old and mature. Now I look at them and think, "AW! How cute!" When did I become so old? The other day Anne was singing the song from The Sound of Music and she sang, "you are 21 going on 22" it really caught me off guard. WHEN DID I TURN 21? Where did all the time go. I still remember the time when I was so excited to get my license! I've been driving for five years now. I have friends that are married and having children! Guy friends from high school are coming home from missions and girl friends are leaving. I don't think I ever prepared myself for this time of life. In Young Womens we just talked about getting through high school and then we get married. What about when you're single and still trying to find out who you really are?
This seriously is the craziest time of life There are so many directions that I can go it can become very overwhelming. But I also love it for that reason. There are so many things that I can do and want to do.
Some of the things I really want to do . . .
  • To travel!!! I want to fill my back pack with necessary items, fill my pockets with money, and see how far I can get.
  • Go on a mission! To teach people about what I know that makes life so much more worth it!
  • Get a degree. Right now I'm thinking I want to major in Horticulture with the emphasis on floral design management.
  • Learn how to become a great cook!
  • Read 100 books in a year
  • Type 100 wpm
  • Hike to the top of Timp and watch the sunrise.
  • and other things that I have never done . . .
Doesn't that sound nice?

2 comments:

Carissa May said...

yes mandy. It sounds lovely. I'm so glad we've always been at basically the same stage in life. it's nice to be able to call someone who understands.

elesa said...

It does sound nice. And a mission will be a great way to start. Before my mission I was a crazy person. So emotional and lost and confused. And my mission really straitened me out. Not that I didn't feel lost when I got back (because everyone does) but it grounded me and strengthened me and thank goodness I did it! And that is all I will say about that.