Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm Running A 5K!


That's right. You heard me. I'm running a 5K on July 31st. I've been training for almost 3 weeks now. I started running everyday at the gym for at least 15 minutes and now I'm able to run 20 - 25 minutes without stopping. I go about 2 - 2.5 miles a day. It's amazing how far I've come in the short amount of time I've been running. I actually enjoy it sometimes! I hope to become like my aunt and learn to LOVE it!
If anyone would like to run with me I would love to have you. It's for a really good cause. Checkout the website for more information.
http://www.coopersrun.org/

3 comments:

Carissa May said...

mandy. I never run. I think you will have to leave me behind on the sidewalk somewhere. I'm a failure. haha!

Mandy said...

You'll do great! Just run more and more each week. We still have a month to train.

Life is an Adventure said...

Sounds like fun! Keep swimming. It is always good to have a purpose for running. I stay on track better that way as well. I would run with you, but that is quite a distance to drive just to go running. "Just keep swimming"