Monday, February 1, 2010

Birthing 101

SO! Last week, Jan. 26, I was able to watch one of my childhood friends give birth to her beautiful baby girl, Caydence. She weighed exactly 7 pounds and I think she was around 18 inches. I was so glad that my friend, Jessica, gave me the opportunity to be there to witness it. I was really worried about it at first and thought that I would just stay by her head the whole time, but I knew I would regret it someday if I didn't watch. I was front and center! I'm actually in her birthing video!
She had a very nice labor. She went into the hospital around 6:30 am that day, they began inducing her around 9:30, and I came to see her around 11:30. She had the baby around 4 in the afternoon. The time was going by so fast!

Some people thought this would make me scared of having a baby, but I'm so excited to be a mom someday! If anything, it made me less scared and gave me more of an idea what to expect. But, if I plan on it being good, it probably won't happen. Stupid planning curse.

Life is a miracle!

Waiting for the bebe


Jessica and her oxygen


Jessica and her mom.


Jessica's sister, Heather, and her kids waiting for the baby to be born.


Jessica and me after the baby was born!

3 comments:

Carissa May said...

oh mandy, you are such a good friend. I don't know if I want you to see me give birth though...

Mandy said...

That's ok! I'll come see you after and I'll bring you flowers!

heisskalt said...

I had a blast with you! Thank you for helping with my kinder! They loved you! Glad it didn't scare you! haha!
That is cool you got to be around - a first for both of us - at that end anyway!! :)